Thursday, June 20, 2013

Filled Under:

100% Whole Grain Chocolate Peanut Butter Macaroons

Chocolate Peanut Butter Macaroons | texanerin.com

Lauren is the queen of macaroons. The only other macaroon recipe I’ve posted was also adapted from her recipe. Why go elsewhere when she’s got in down?!
She recently posted some double chocolate macaroons and I just had to get some peanut butter involved in there. So I replaced half of the coconut butter with peanut butter. And they were awesome. I just had to make them the next day to see if using all peanut butter would work, and it did. So there you go. No need to buy expensive coconut butter or make it yourself. Just please, use natural peanut butter. These willnot come out well if you use the regular stuff!
Don’t like peanut butter or have allergies? Go check out the original. It’s peanut butter free! And I’m not so sure about using other nut butters here but now that I think about it, I’m so trying these with hazelnut butter.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Macaroons | texanerin.com
I used 1/2 cup of maple syrup and it was enough for me, but I imagine these would be even tastier with the 3/4 cup called for in Lauren’s recipe. And because I recently found a few bags of peanut butter chips in my cupboard, I threw some of those in, too. So I guess I basically added the sugar back in peanut butter chip form, but that’s so much more exciting than in maple syrup form, right? I suppose you could leave them out, but that’d just be plain silly. And plus the peanut butter flavor isn’t strong enough without them.
I just realized that these are 100% whole grain, gluten-free and vegan if you leave out the peanut butter chips. But don’t let these labels deter you from making these. They just taste like little balls of happiness.
Oh, and another thing. I promise to stop posting chocolate + peanut butter + coconut recipes for a while. I didn’t want to post this today, but everything else I’ve tried lately hasn’t been blog-worthy. Or it just totally failed. So bear with me I try to come up with something a little different!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Macaroons


  • Prep Time: 
  • Cook Time: 
  • Ready in: 
  • Yield: 24 cookies

Ingredients

  • 8 ounces (225 grams) natural peanut butter
  • ½ cup - ¾ cup maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup dark cocoa powder
  • 1 cup shredded or desiccated coconut
  • 1 cup old-fashioned / rolled oats, non-contaminated for gluten-free
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • ¼ cup peanut butter chips, optional

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with a Silpat or a piece of parchment paper.
  2. Using a hand mixer, mix all the ingredients through salt together in a large bowl. Add in the chocolate and peanut butter chips.
  3. Using a 1 tbsp measuring spoon, scoop out tablespoons of dough and place about 1 centimeter apart on the prepared baking sheet. They will not spread very much.
  4. Bake for 12 minutes and let cool until set. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...